Sat, Jan 21|
Steamed Rice Noodle Rolls Workshop for Lunar New Year
Learn how to make Chinese Cheung Fun. Adaptable to be made vegan, vegetarian or gluten-free.
Time & Location
Jan 21, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
About this class
What to expect in this workshop:
- Fēst Workshops are the ultimate guided discovery roadmap to help you master your home cooking.
- One Fēst Chef Instructor will lead the way as you learn how to make a delicious Chinese dish. Your Chef Instructor will demonstrate every step of the recipe, with two cameras to give you all the right angles and clear views of what's happening.
- This class is your time to ask your chef questions, ask for feedback, learn a little something and most importantly, have fun!
- This is a group workshop, we ask that you remain muted throughout the class and submit all of your questions in the chatbox of the video call.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Pan spray for cooking
- 6 green onions, green tops sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- Shrimp: 6 medium raw, peeled shrimp
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Pork: ⅓ cup prepared char shu, sliced
- Fried shallots
EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
- Wok or large skillet
- Lid to fit the wok or skillet
- Steamer rack or balls of foil
- Small ladle
- 8 inch square baking pan, or shallow pan that will fit in the wok/skillet
- Medium and small bowls
- Silicon spatula
- Kitchen towels
- Hot pads
Access for 1 person$10.00Tax: +$0.90 CHS Tax+$0.27 service fee